Re: [xml-dev] what's missing in XML? What's coming?

1) A standard and ubiquitous directory listing format (and XPath functions for XSLT and XProc etc) that will allow, for example, a document in a ZIP archive to get a listing of all other documents in that ZIP archive.  ODF and OOXML etc are not fringe uses of XML. If it works with MIME multipart, then a big fat huzzah too.

2) Clearer story on how to use the ISO/MathML entity sets along with XML Schemas, or with no schemas. I often hear "XML Schemas does not support entities, so I cannot use entities with XML Schemas" or vice versa.  Preferably, build the default mappings of the entities into XML.

Cheers
Rick