Re: [xml-dev] Test import markup

On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 14:17 -0500, Rand McRanderson wrote:
>  is there
> a format for advanced test case features like stubbing functions,
> creating data dictionaries, etc.

I don't know of a standard in this area, but I'd be interested if
you found one!

At W3C we certainly have Working Groups creating tens of thousands of
test cases for their specifications, and although for most formats
that's not the same as software unit tests, there are some
commonalities.

I can't speak for other standards bodies, since I work for W3C :-)

We've also started Community Groups, which anyone can start, and which
offer a zero-dollar way to build a community and explore making a
standard.  I wouldn't really advise doing the work of making a standard
until you find several potential implementors whose users will want to
interchange data.

Liam