RE: Encoding charset of HTTP Basic Authentication

More study and I lucked on a spec

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-00.html

Seems a known and open problem (how long has this been in the wild ? How did it ever work ?)

So follow-on question ...

Does anyone know if this spec or anything like it has been adopted ?

Or do we just all assume the world is "USASCII" as usual ?

David A. Lee

dlee@calldei.com

http://www.xmlsh.org