Re: [xml-dev] How to be nimble, agile in the face of changingtechnologies?

Michael Sokolov scripsit:

> Or said another way, let's say we believe the 10/100 rule above. What is
> the likelihood that project X will be adopted in another locale than the
> one for which it was originally designed?  If it's less than 10%, you
> shouldn't bother with i18n up front.

If you really know that (as when it is bespoke software) then yes.  The
trouble is that "prediction is very difficult, especially about the future"
(attr. Niels Bohr).  There is also the problem of barriers to entry:
localizing a non-i18n program may be so hard that commercial opportunities
are surrendered needlessly.

--
MEET US AT POINT ORANGE AT MIDNIGHT BRING YOUR DUCK OR PREPARE TO FACE WUGGUMS
John Cowan      cowan@ccil.org      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan