Re: [xml-dev] RE: Encoding charset of HTTP Basic Authentication

He!...  mediocrity is not always bad.

Say... databases.  Almost all web applications are built using
relational databases.  Not all applications need a database. But web
applications are soehorn to use relational databases anyway.  Some of
the applications that are implemented using databases (perhaps most
CMS's) would run better and be more flexible using a document
database, like MongoDB.   What we win using databases for everything?
economy of scale,  people become very good at producing relational
database-based software,  make very few mistakes because made a lot of
experience with that stuff.

The average person can do a good job with mediocre tools, but If you
give the average person a tool that is "too clever", the probability
of a bad output is high than 50%.   Give the average programmer
something like Ruby or Perl,  and hope for the best!, but it will
result on some shitty code, because Ruby and Perl are clever
programming languages, not for the average joe.

So the average webmaster is going to use <div> in a non semantic way
(=crappy).  But will break less thing doing that than with "abbr
article aside audio bdi canvas data datalist details figcaption figure
footer header hgroup mark".  The average webmaster has no idea how to
use properly  "figcaption" or "aside".