Re: [xml-dev] Naming conventions for a sampling of W3C and ISO XMLvocabularies

 >Notice that Schematron isn't consistent in its naming convention. Is
that a bad thing?

Yes.

 >Is it a good thing to have a consistent naming convention?

Yes.

 >Why does XML Schema and XSLT have different naming conventions?

My guess would be that it's due to ignorance (I didn't know they were
doing that), but it could be arrogance (Those guys don't know what
they're doing, and/or Who cares what X is doing, no-one will ever use X
anyway). Those are only guesses. Untangling the history is rarely possible.

 >They are both W3C technologies. Does the W3C not have a policy on
naming markup?

It probably does by now, it has on most things. But it certainly didn't
have in the days when you could get a spec out in 6 months. Which might
not be a coincidence.

Michael Kay
Saxonica