RE: [xml-dev] Should one adopt the tag naming convention of an existing XML vocabulary or create one's own tag naming convention?

The hyphen breaks visual flow.  The underscore delineates under the flow. But I only use them ‘n file names.  J

len

-----Original Message-----
From: David Lee [mailto:dlee@calldei.com]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 7:27 PM
To: 'Uche Ogbuji'; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Should one adopt the tag naming convention of an existing XML vocabulary or create one's own tag naming convention?

I Like My camelCase

Besides its camelCase not "CamelCase"

Maybe "camel-hypenCase_Under-scoreCase.is_BeTer"

But do you prefix it with "_" or "s" or "m" if its a private, static, or member variable ?

Thankfully Hungarian has lost its charm ...   I could never figure out what to do with an _pidwulshString variable when I changed it to simply char* ...

I remember an interview with Stroustrup where he advocated under_score_case and thought camelCase was a bastard.   Those with opinions .. will they never stop pontificating !'

I dont particularly like hyphen-case because I can't tell it apart from "hyphen" <minus> "case"

even if the compiler can.

David A. Lee

dlee@calldei.com

http://www.xmlsh.org