From: David Lee [mailto:dlee@calldei.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:31 PM
To: Len Bullard; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: Formatting Processing Instructions

I for one have NEVER used a PI nor have ever encountered one nor have ever found any desirable use for one.

Reading the specs for PI's years ago always left me wondering ... of the few things XML allows why PI's?

They must have grand uses but I never figured it out.   I have missed the boat if there ever was one.

So *MY* follow-up question is What were PIs used for that they were so important to include in XML ?

My guess being something from the SGML world which I never visited in my starship.

David A. Lee

dlee@calldei.com

http://www.xmlsh.org