RE: [xml-dev] XPath/XQuery/XSLT fn:node() question

Could you reference where in the specs that the child axis doesn't contain attributes ?
The best I can find is :

* the child axis contains the children of the context node

And then:
* the attribute axis contains the attributes of the context node; the axis will be empty unless the context node is an element

But nothing I can spot that says attributes are not children.
I 'know' the answer  but I can't find where in the specs its explicit.

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org