RE: [xml-dev] xml:href, xml:rel and xml:type

Yes I'm aware of xlink.  The reason I'm thinking about going lower in
the layer stack is the re-invention thing.  Not that XLink is not
useful, but for example atom did not use it, and there are probably other
examples.

Maybe just the fact that the document has to define the namespace is
enough to deter the use of the xlink:href.  xml:lang etc don't suffer from
this.

Linking is not inherent only to presentation, necessarily.  It is vital to changing
application state, however.  As I understand it, mastery of the web was a goal of
XML, so I'm just dreaming a little.

Cheers,
Peter