Re: [xml-dev] Validating data-* attributes in XHTML5?

In XSD 1.0 you can allow these attributes (and many others of course) by
use of an <xs:anyAttribute> wildcard.

In XSD 1.1 you can then constrain the attribute names that match the
wildcard using assertions.

It has always been the case, of course, that not all rules in the XHTML
specification are capable of being expressed in XSD. The same applies to
most other vocabularies (including XSD itself).

Michael Kay
Saxonica