Re: [xml-dev] MicroXML and &

Rick Jelliffe scripsit:

> On the other hand, the kind of complexity that extra lines in a table
> cause is trivial, perhaps negligible after the first entry.   (You
> wouldn't implement a  large lookup table as an if-then-else chain,
> surely.)

It was a joke.  As I said before, I wouldn't add all those entities to
MicroXML, because it would break backward compatibility.

I just thought of a way of doing it, though: allow an extension to
the DOCTYPE that specifies the home on the W3C page of the entities.
Of course, MicroXML parsers won't actually load that; it'll just make
them switch on the entities.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  http://ccil.org/~cowan
Linguistics is arguably the most hotly contested property in the academic