Re: [xml-dev] MicroXML and &

On 01/06/2012 21:12, Pete Cordell wrote:
>> One possible solution is to pass through unknown entity refs
>> unchanged... no need to actually resolve it at parse time.
>

> I really like this idea.  Then the entities can be application specific,
> although obviously the use of a common set is encouraged.

I thought the imposed constraint of xml compatibility meant this wasn't
an option?

as John wrote earlier in the thread (about a different aspect)

> MicroXML can't have it because of the XML backward compatibility rule
> and the lack of DTDs.

You could use catalogs with xml to emulate any finite set of definitions
but you can't make every entity reference expand to itself in xml.

Unless you meant make the html entities expand to themselves and other
entity references be an error?

David.

--
google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle