Re: [xml-dev] Strict-Mode and Lax-Mode MicroXML

On 03/06/12 10:00, Pete Cordell wrote:
[snip]
> I see this as a migration strategy to get away from some of the SGML
> baggage that is no longer relevant, and maybe in 10 years time we can
> safely adopt lax-mode for 99% of what developers want to do and have --
> in comments etc.

SGML permitted a bare ampersand in some circumstances:

<!doctype foo [
<!element foo - - (#pcdata)>
]>
<foo>This is A T & T</foo>

Where a document is ephemeral, transient, or non-critical (perhaps 99%
of business documents :-) I see no reason why the developers shouldn't
have a lax-mode.

If they come back 10 years later complaining that their documents won't
work any more, we can say nya nya nya...

///Peter