Re: [xml-dev] My specification writing project has failed :-(

29.06.2012, 17:46, "David Lee" <dlee@calldei.com>:
> The topic seems interesting šso I started reading this spec but unfortunately I cannot understand what the goal is.
> It is not clear at all to me what "Transformation between XML namespaces" is meant to do. ššPerhaps if you could describe that more clearly I might have suggestions ...

Suppose we have an XHTML document with added other namespaces, such as semantic markup not included in the XHTML vocabulary.

We want to convert it into plain XHTML (or maybe into XML Formatting Objects, or whatever).

My idea was to do this download RDF files from all document namespaces used in this documents, and then run transformations described in these RDF files, to do it with whatever namespaces may be invented.

> The other goal ... validating documents with multiple namespaces, isn't that already handled by current XML Schema specifications ? šWhat am I missing here ?

The existing software does not validate subdocuments of other namespaces.

My idea about this is to retrieve validation info directly from namespace URLs of all namespaces in the document.

There are no trouble with validation (like it is a trouble with transformation), but it is not worth to doing an RDF at namespace URL for validation only.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org