Re: newline/form feed valid as attribute value?

[John Cowan]

>In particular: TagSoup, which parses arbitrary HTML, has a PYX output mode
>of just such a form.  PYX differs trivially from ESIS in that in ESIS,
>attribute lines precede the start-tag line, whereas in PYX they follow.
>I am not sure why Sean McGrath made this change, but I have followed him.

I made the change in order to make it easier to process the data with a top-down, recursive descent parser approach.

I.e.
	peek at next start_tag
	call handler for the right start_tag

That way, start_tag handlers could handle all the attribute processing, rather than the main
parsing loop having to stack up attributes for some yet-to-be determined element type.

(Hey! This is my first post to xml-dev in.....years :-)
Regards,
Sean