Re: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basicprinciples of MicroXML"

David Lee scripsit:

> Suppose we identify a really useful set of attributes for "doing X"
> and want to include it in the xml namespace.  ( note: for MicroXML
> thats the ONLY namespace ???) ...

It depends on which MicroXML you mean.  James Clark's 2010 version
disallowed prefixes other than xml:, so that meant no namespaced
attributes, though namespaced elements were allowed via the xmlns
attribute.

My 2011 version allows prefixes in attributes, so they can be in any
namespace if properly declared.

> That is, what *is* the guarantee that a URL actually can be indirected
> to a resource, and that resource  is what we think it is ?

There is none.  That's what differentiates the Web from all the many
hypertext systems that came before it.

--
Normally I can handle panic attacks on my own;   John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
but panic is, at the moment, a way of life.      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan