Re: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basicprinciples of MicroXML"

>> The xml parser is meant to use it to filter elements, hiding them them
>> from the receiving application as if they didn't exist.
> What fevered imagination did that notion spring from?  It's true that
> parsers aren't (by an accident of wording) required to report elements,
> but there is no hint in the XML Rec (where xml:lang is defined) or any
> other recommendation of anything like this.

uuhh, I may have 'misremembered' that, I think from the widget spec:

There was definitely a time when you could do:

<node xml:lang="en">yes</node>
<node xml:lang="fr">oui</node>

...and the receiving application would get the elements filtered by the lang.

Andrew Welch