RE: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basicprinciples of ...

> What's wrong with an XML declaration as the separator?
> Michael Kay
> Saxonica

I believe
can be within a CDATA section ....

My goal is to be able to easily identify separations between units without having to parse everything.
So far I have tried to define the syntax without actually choosing the separator as it is largely arbitrary
*as long as it is impossible to show up in the plain text of any serialized XDM value*

Unfortunately those pesky CDATA sections make the set of charactors fairly small.
Now one could restrict CDATA and require serialized XML (or elements ...) to use entity expansion instead.

David A. Lee