Re: [xml-dev] RE: Proposal: a building block approach to XML design

> It occurs to me that this applies to data design as well -- identify the data idioms common in the application area.
>
> Another name for "data idioms" is building blocks.

Maybe what you are looking for are the various RDF vocabularies out
there.  Given the task of creating some new markup you could combine
the various existing vocabularies - people, places, employment
details, addresses, cvs (resumes) etc.

Each RDF vocabulary could be one of your reusable building blocks.

Hopefully someone with RDF knowledge will chime in, because I have none.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com