Re: [xml-dev] Literate Programming ... Literate XML Schema?

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 14:44:30 +0000, "Costello, Roger L."
<costello@mitre.org> wrote:
Hi Folks,

> XML Schema is a high structured language, with well-establish
> semantics. Its precision is appealing as it provides a
> near-mathematical way to specify things. However it suffers from
> being incomprehensible to most Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).

So true.   Before schemas, the one tool I found invaluable for
discussing model design (via DTD's) with subject matter experts was
"Near & Far Designer".  It allowed us to explore g the overall and
detailed pictorial representations of the model.  A pictorial tree
structure was a no-brainer compared to getting SME's to look at DTD
code or read a text document.  Of course - I tend to be a picture
rather than a text person anyways.

An active pictorial representation of a schema - accompanied  by a
literate XML schema  (i.e. documentation that an SME could read).  Is
that even a possibility?

CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
XML Training and Consulting
Documentary/Multimedia Productions