RE: [xml-dev] Why does my browser treat the XML Schema document at a URL asan XML document?

> Because there are no typed links in XML so it is impossible for the
> client to disambiguate except perhaps by context / hardcoding?

I don't understand what this means.  For example, xsi:schemaLocation?  If you fetch a document at that link, or you fetch an XSD document as Roger initially did, any properly-configured web server will return that with an XML content-type.  The content-type of a resource is independant of any entity which links to it.

STSM, WebSphere Appliance Architect