Re: [xml-dev] Still using DTD's?

Thanks for the plug, Dave!

The tool does more than just create an XML representation of a DTD, it can also:

* Generate pretty HTML documentation, including annotations (if
present) from specially-formatted comments of the DTD
* Compare two DTDs and generate a report of differences
* Generate XSLT scaffolding that can be used as a starting point for
writing a transform from one schema to another
* Generate a schematron file from the DTD, including extra schematron
rules (if present) from specially-formatted comments of the DTD

You can read more about it in our paper
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK100354/) to be presented next
week at JATSCon.

It's very much in alpha-stage at this point.  We just did release 0.1,
and you can download the package, including the pre-built JAR file,
from the GitHub downloads page.  Just unzip it and run one of the two
command-line scripts that you can use out-of-the-box:  "dtdanalyzer"
or "dtddocumentor".  Use the --help option to see complete usage info.
 The other features are available through XSLTs in the xslt directory.

Unfortunately, the README on the front of the GitHub site is a little
bit out-of-date.  Documentation will be on the GitHub wiki, for now.

Feedback or any kind of help is welcome.  File bug reports in the GitHub issues.

Thanks!
Chris Maloney