Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema Checklist

Hi Roger,
Thanks for these tips.

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:

> Yes, true. However, I did specify 1.1 in my schema:
>
> <?xml version="1.1"?>

I am still a bit confused about the using the version indicator.
Since this list is just about my only communications about XML, I am
certain it was here that I was told to use 1.0 even though my schema
uses 1.1 specific capabilities such as multiple substitution groups.

So where should I stand on this?

My  next question is then, should my XML instances (based on this
schema) use version="1.0" or "1.1"

I get the impression that there is a lot of push back on using 1.1 But
I have never discovered why or why not to use it.  I require some of
the 1.1 specifics like the multiple substitution groups and asserts.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks in advance.

--Tim

Timothy Cook, MSc           +55 21 94711995
MLHIM http://www.mlhim.org
Academic.Edu Profile: http://uff.academia.edu/TimothyCook
Google Scholar: http://goo.gl/MMZ1o