Re: [xml-dev] Why does validation fail with a named ENTITY for carriagereturn and line feed?

John Cowan wrote:
> Martin Honnen scripsit:
>> Well http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#AVNormalize says "For a character
>> reference, append the referenced character to the normalized value."
> True but irrelevant, since the characters are coming in from an entity, in
> which they are not NCRs any more, since they have already been expanded.

Well it is relevant to the part of Roger's mail I quoted, namely

> Why doesn't this:
> <xs:pattern value="From:[a-z]+@[a-z\.]+&#13;&#10;"/>
> also normalize to this:
> <xs:pattern value="From:[a-z]+@[a-z\.]+  "/>

So in that part there are no entity references, there are character
references instead in an attribute value.

	Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development