Re: [xml-dev] 3 Sins of XML Usage

On 25 October 2012 17:46, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Sin #1: Using Java to Process XML

I had an interesting time helping write a procedural scripting
language, once, which is all written in XML and compiles
to XSLT (2.0). Called XTemp, it made it to OASIS committee
spec (but no further). It was interesting to see how XSLT 2.0
could be wrapped into something procedural and more like
a 'normal' programming language (with the usual structures)
and it did seem sensible in principle to use XML to process
XML (we wrote it for querying XML event logs for business
process monitoring and testing). In practise I'm happy to use
languages like Java, C# and PHP for processing XML day-
to-day though.
----
Stephen D Green