Re: [xml-dev] versioned XML-DBMS

On 12/14/2012 06:07 PM, James Fuller wrote:
 > a) consolidate your presence on the web ... e.g. if google code is
 > old, put a message up there saying github version is latest
 >
 > https://github.com/JohannesLichtenberger/brackit
 >
 > or
 >
 > https://github.com/JohannesLichtenberger/brackit
 >
 > its unclear

Thanks, actually it's a project I used (from Sebastian Bächle at the TU
Kaiserslautern). I've extended the parser and a few other things to
incorporate temporal enhancements. And I want to add namespace support
(which is only partially implemented) and contribute back.

My contribution is one of the backends (Sirix) -- they are also
developing BrackitDB with a lot of great ideas.

 > b) make it dead easy for people to install
 >
 > the configure/make /make install dance is ok for developers but you
 > need to make it easy on developers to spread the word by easy install
 > (and in your case I think you are drinking the maven Kool aid).
 >
 > also do you have this avail in a public maven repo ?

Yes, both -- my brackit fork and sirix as the maven bundle sirix-xquery
depends on my brackit extensions. Both are available via maven, but I
recommend using the SNAPSHOT-version until I'm releasing a new version.

 > c) personally I would like to see XML Calabash integrated ... both as
 > an example of how to integrate other XML technologies and because I
 > think having such a pipeline engine built into an XML DB ... would be
 > unique and useful http://xmlcalabash.com/ more information

I agree, would be great. Hmm, would be another direction to go :-)

 > fantastic effort ... keep going and reaching out.

Thanks.

kind regards
Johannes