Re: [xml-dev] Temporal Type Selection

Right.  It is valid. This is the reference model that is a generic
structure for healthcare concepts.  Applications are developed on this
model.

The the actual plethora of healthcare concepts are defined in
restriction schemas called Concept Constraint Definitions (CCDs).
These are then easily referenced/exchanged by multiple applications to
establish semantic interoperability between healthcare apps.  The full
semantics of the concept are captured in the CCD.  Since there are
multiple instances of RM complexTypes in any given CCD, I use UUIDs to
name the complexTypes to guarantee uniqueness. This has the bonus
side-effect of creating very short paths for the instance data.

The CCD is where I need to constrain the actual temporal subtypes in a
complexType.
You can find multiple examples at http://www.hkcr.net/CCDs

I hope this is a good enough high-level explanation.

Cheers,
Tim