Re: [xml-dev] "Interoperability is getting better" ... What does that mean?

I think so.  I don't have any data to back it up, but that's my
impression anyway.  It used to be very common to see these kinds of
bugs even in, for example, websites of major newspapers.  I'm thinking
in particular of smart quotes being rendered as, for example, “Good
morning, Dave”.  I don't notice that kind of thing as often.