Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema: What does it *really* mean to declare an element?

I'm confused about the context of your question, Roger.

Formatting properties such as font posture, font size and font family
are all aspects of presentation, not aspects of representation.

When you talk about italicizing and formatting element names, these
aren't properties of XML files but of some kind of presentation of
the XML file syntax, so why even ask any question regarding equivalencies?

If you've applied these properties to your XML syntax while in, say,
a word processing tool, the end result isn't XML but is simply the
tool's internal file format in which these properties exist.  If you
save the raw text from the tool as a raw XML file, then that file
won't have the presentation properties you cite.

So ... in what contexts are you talking about applying these
formatting properties to raw syntax?

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com