Re: [xml-dev] Best Practice for designing XML vocabularies containing accented characters -- allow both composed and decomposed forms

Roger,

This is, IMHO, a Really Bad Idea.  It would be
far better to automatically (e.g., via a script)
normalize all input documents before validating or otherwise processing them.

Your proposal addresses only a tiny fraction of
the possible character-based "gotchas" and
probably not the most important fraction, either.

Hope this helps,
    Jim