Here's an online XSLT/XPath application of fuzzy matching --Transit at your fingertips

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I told you about the fuzzy matcher that Roger Cauvin implemented in XSLT/XPath.

I received an email from Roger Cauvin and he told me:

    I've been using the fuzzy matcher in one of
    my apps (see www.dadnab.com) for about
    five years, and it has served me well.

I checked out his web site and it is awesome:

    What is Dadnab?

    Use Dadnab to get transit directions by
    text message. Send your origin, destination,
    and optional departure or arrival time.
    Within seconds, directions will appear in
    your inbox.

He does fuzzy matching on the origin and destination values. Here's what he says:

    The XSLT is all on the server side, and
    it's used for pretty much all the text
    processing.  The fuzzy matching is used
    to find the best match for the origin and
    destination.

Very cool.

/Roger