Re: [xml-dev] Where does the XML specification discuss the character sequence '>' followed by the combining long solidus character (U+0308)?

I think we've already covered this, Roger, just last month:

Wouldn't NFC normalization be applied to the
content of an element *after* the element has
been processed to determine the data from the markup?

The markup detection would pass as data for the
element the sequence beginning with ̈ ...
just as in the example I cite at the end of the above post:

At 2013-01-04 13:43 -0500, I wrote:
>What if I wanted to have the following:
>
>   <allowed-diacritics>
>     <diacritic>&#303;</diacritic>
>   </allowed-diacritics>

I don't see how NFC normalization would apply to
the markup characters.  Rather, I would think it
would apply only to the characters being marked
up.  And, then, only by a processing application
that chose to do the normalization ... it isn't
obligatory.  And I don't believe normalization happens before markup detection.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Apr 2013
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm