[ANN] Native XML user interfaces symposium

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

  International Symposium on
  Native XML user interfaces

  a one-day symposium preceding Balisage: The Markup Conference
  C.M. Sperberg-McQueen, chair

XML is everywhere. It is created, gathered, manipulated, queried,
browsed, read, and modified. XML systems need user interfaces to do
all of these things.  How can we make user interfaces for XML that are
powerful, simple to use, quick to develop, and easy to maintain?

How are we building user interfaces today?  How can we build them
tomorrow? Are we using XML to drive our user interfaces? How?

This one-day symposium is devoted to the theory and practice of user
interfaces for XML: the current state of implementations, practical
case studies, challenges for users, and the outlook for the future
development of the technology.

Topics include:

Editors customized for specific purposes or users
User interfaces for creation, management, and use of XML documents
Uses of XForms
Making tools for creation of XML textual documents
Using general-purpose user-interface libraries to
  build XML interfaces
Looking at XML, especially looking at masses of XML documents
XML, XSLT, and XQuery in the browser
Case studies of development and use of specialized user interfaces

Details:
  http://www.balisage.net/XML-Interfaces/
  information about Balisage: The Markup Conference: http://www.balisage.net/

Schedule:
  19 April 2013  - Submissions due
  21 May 2013    - Speakers notified
  12 July 2013   - Final papers due
   5 August 2013 - Pre-conference Symposium on XForms
 6-9 August 2013 - Balisage: The Markup Conference

Questions:

symposium chair: C.M. Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>
conference and symposium organizers: <info@balisage.net>

if you don't get a response within 3 business days please re-send
your message or call +1 301 315 9631

Balisage: The Markup Conference 2013          mailto:info@balisage.net
August 6-9, 2013                              http://www.balisage.net
Preconference Symposium                       August 5, 2012