Additional semantics

Hi All,

I'd like opinions on this approach.
The goal is to be able to add semantics to complexType definitions via
links to controlled vocabularies or even Wikpedia, wherever ...

I prefer to keep all of the information in one appinfo section of the
schema.  The applications will then know how to extract all of the
metadata including references to external source used in defining the
concept in each complexType.

Does this approach (below) make sense? It seems to me an application
can use XQuery/XPath to examine and provide links to external sources.
 IS there a better, more standard approach to this?  I want to markup
added to the schemas not to the instance data as some people might
normally think of doing.

Basically the rdf:about refers to the complexType in the same schema.

Thanks,
Tim

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
  xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
  xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#";
  xmlns:mlhim2="http://www.mlhim.org/xmlns/mlhim2/2_4_1";
  targetNamespace="http://www.mlhim.org/xmlns/mlhim2/2_4_1";
  elementFormDefault="qualified">

  <!-- Metadata section -->
  <xs:annotation>
  <xs:appinfo>
  <rdf:RDF>
    <!-- Lots of standard Dublin core metadata here -->
    <rdf:Description rdf:about="mlhim2:ct-a">
      <rdfs:isDefinedBy
rdf:resource="http://some_controlled_vocabulary.org/code_name1"; />
      <!-- possible multiple entries -->
    </rdf:Description>

    <rdf:Description rdf:about="mlhim2:ct-b">
      <rdfs:isDefinedBy
rdf:resource="http://some_controlled_vocabulary.org/code_name2"/>
    </rdf:Description>

  </rdf:RDF>
  </xs:appinfo>
  </xs:annotation>

  <!-- Type definitions -->

  <xs:complexType name="ct-a">
    <!-- assume some restriction definition here -->
  </xs:complexType>

  <xs:complexType name="ct-b">
    <!-- assume some restriction definition here -->
  </xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>