Re: [xml-dev] Not using mixed content? Then don't use XML

At 08:28 AM 3/23/2013, you wrote:
>>Conclusion:
>>     If your problem doesn't need mixed content, then don't use XML.
>>
>>Comments?
>
>There are other benefits to XML than just supporting mixed content
>(though I agree that is high on the list).  Would you give up schema
>validation if you didn't have mixed content?  Would you give up the
>information labels (element names and attribute names) that humans
>can use as clues to the semantics of the information?

To me another benefit is that it is a standard way of handling data
streams with tools and standard ways of processing that data. Sure
you might do something else for data centric uses, but then you are
inventing the whole process and taking on the effort or training
people in your design and approach.

Danny Vint

Panoramic Photography
http://www.dvint.com