Fwd: [xml-dev] Not using mixed content? Then don't use XML

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim Cook <tim@mlhim.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Not using mixed content? Then don't use XML
To: Michael Sokolov <msokolov@safaribooksonline.com>
Cc: XML Developers List <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

It took me several days to get back to this conversation. I am happy I
was away so that I gained this insight about the collective thoughts
from the group.

My impression is that a VERY large percentage of the contributors here
are involved in text management; not application development.

From a developer point of view I love the additions to XML Schema 1.1.
  Now I can use XML, stay in one family of tools and perform
computational processing across data.  But until 1.1, XML was just a
pain to move around, parse the data back out and do something
meaningful.

So, before you go bashing on XML Schema, just admit that it might no
be useful for you.  That doesn't mean it is bad or not useful to
others.

Cheers,
Tim