Re: [xml-dev] Testing XML don't use xUnit

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 April 2013 17:30, Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm completely bemused.
>>
>> So am I :)
>
> I have been for a while with this thread...
>
> I haven't been convinced of any problems with the technique I've been
> using for a few years now (and other's too by the sounds of it), so
> I'm happy to carry on using it.

You asked for an example. I gave you an example of code you wrote
yourself which I can only presume is representative of test cases you
write.

String someValue = runQueryOnInput("/some/path/to/val/string(.)");

String valueInResult = runQueryOnOutput("/result/path/to/val/string(.)");

assertEquals(someValue, valueInResult);

I told you all the vulnerabilities it had.

Then you asked for another example and at this point I would
respectfully point out that I am not willing to drop what I am doing
to look for another example  every time you ask me to  when the
example already provided is sufficient to illustrate the point.

The argument in this thread was against plain xUnit. You said
something about spinning some homebrew xQuery that I don't really get
but it looks like it introduces an additional dependency and skillset
demand over and above plain xUnit. Thats not what the thread is about.