Re: Native XML Interfaces

Maybe everyone shouldn't be able to deal with the "raw" XML and
without a decent data dictionary, shouldn't.   But time and time again
the ability to read a type definition and scree the XML saved my bacon.

I gave my current firm's (consultants for rent r us) representative a
list of questions to ask people who are offering themselves up as
gurus for hire.  She requested it.  The problem was taggers trying to
offer themselves as data analysts and getting thrown back like bad
fish a few weeks later or not making it through the interview.  XML
education is a serious and I believe growing problem in the industry.

There are many XML application/vocabularies and I don't expect
everyone to know all of them.  There is a big body of XML supporting
software and programming or querying/database skills are required and
I don't expect everyone to know all of them.

But if they can't read native XML at all, throw them back on the dock.
  Basics matter.

len