Re: [xml-dev] Processing and Serialization of FIXED attributes

Hi Mike,

I think Jim wants this on the serialization part, while -expand:off
seems to apply to loading a document. He needs the values for processing
the document but when the processing is done he does not want to save
values that come from the DTD/schema.

Hi Jim,

The values added by the parser that are not present in the XML document
itself can be identified at SAX level by looking at the isSpecified()
property - if this is true then the value comes from the document,
otherwise the value comes from the DTD/schema. See for example:
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2.html#isSpecified%28java.lang.String%29

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
George