[ANN] Sirix - a versioned XML storage system

Hello,

I just put up recent changes on Sirix[1] (for instance queries are now compiled and pushed down to the storage) and created a github organization. Furthermore user defined, versioned, incremental indexes are almost ready to use (but I still need some spare time to implement the last few bits) -- and they have to be integrated in the XQuery/Brackit(.org) binding through appropriate AST rewriting rules. However, I hope some people are eager to give it a first try.

Furthermore all temporal axis to navigate in time should be usable within XQuery. However, note that Sirix is by no means "restricted" to XQuery usage and might also be used for different Visual Analytics scenarios (for instance a hash-value, as well as the number of descendants and the number of children is optionally stored in each node) through the Java API.

Hope you like it, even though it might not be very fast as of now (mainly due to the missing index-structures and AST rewriting rules -- but I'm working on it and I hope that at least the index-structures itself should be usable very very soon). Furthermore, it's best suited for flash-based storage due to the inherent log-structured copy-on-write on every commit.

kind regards
Johannes

[1] https://github.com/sirixdb/sirix