Re: [xml-dev] Re: XSLT 3.0 Relax NG Schema

Thanks for the feedback

2013/6/7 Gerben Abbink <gerben.abbink@gmail.com>:
> Thank you very much for the RelaxNG schema for XSLT 3.0. It allowed us to
> improve our own XMLSchema for XSLT 3.0 that we use for XSLT 3.0 code
> completion.
> Our schema is mostly based on W3C's working draft
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/), but your schema is more up-to-date.
>

> I have a few questions/remarks:
>
> (1) - In your schema, attribute "exclude-result-prefix" is of type
> "exclude.prefixes.datatype", except for elements "package" and "stylesheet"
> where it is of type "prefixes.datatype".
> Is there a reason for this, or is it an error? The types are similar, but
> not the same: "exclude.prefixes.datatype" contains values "#all" and
> "#default", "prefixes.datatype" does not contain values:
>
>   <define name="exclude.prefixes.datatype">
>     <list>
>       <choice>
>         <value>#all</value>
>         <zeroOrMore>
>           <choice>
>             <data type="NCName"/>
>             <value>#default</value>
>           </choice>
>         </zeroOrMore>
>       </choice>
>     </list>
>   </define>
>
>   <define name="prefixes.datatype">
>     <list>
>       <zeroOrMore>
>         <data type="token" datatypeLibrary=""/>
>       </zeroOrMore>
>     </list>
>   </define>

For no particular reason. The Schema is generated through a XSLT
stylesheet from the XML version of XSLT 3.0 specification.

That explains some discrepancies.

I should go deeper to explain you why for this particular occurrence.

> (2) - In W3C's working draft some attributes have a default value, e.g.,
> attribute "decimal-separator" of element "decimal-format" has default value
> ".".
> Your schema does not contain any default values, is that for a reason?

Well, first reason is that Relax NG doesn't support default values.
But there is a specific extension that could deal with that.

The second point is that in the XML Specification there is no mention
of default values.

> (3) Where did you get these specs of XSLT 3.0? I always thought W3C's
> working drafts were the most up-to-date, apparently not.

As a W3C member, I have access to the *current* working draft. That's
why it's is really up-to-date.

You should contact Liam if you would like to join the W3C or the XSLT WG.

> P.S.:
> For those of you who want to try XSLT 3.0, you can download XMLBlueprint
> from our website: http://www.xmlblueprint.com/download-xml-editor.htm.
> You will need to install a Saxon 9 licence to work with XSLT 3.0,
> http://www.saxonica.com/license/license.xml.

Thanks for the pointer !

Xmlizer