Re: [xml-dev] Schema in RNC or XSD?

This is what the schema writers, including me, do at $EMPLOYER: We develop our schemas in RELAX NG (some use the compact syntax, most use the XML syntax) and then use Trang to convert them to XSD, which we then publish to the rest of the company.  It works very well.  We make sure to validate sample documents against the XSD using Oxygen, Xerces/J (the copy in Jing works fine) and Xerces-C (because some parts of $EMPLOYER use tools that contain it, bugs and all).  We don't use interleave, but otherwise we don't worry if Trang loosens the schema a bit.