Re: [xml-dev] is this still the web?

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 4:39 AM, davep <davep@dpawson.co.uk> wrote:
http://blogs.publishersweekly.com/blogs/PWxyz/2013/06/13/the-best-apis-are-simple-web-standards/

An interesting idea, though what kind of links work like this?

"we’re working on building software to support annotation of web documents. One of the obvious challenges is to make sure that comments on one version of an item appear on a related version; the problem is akin to a reader wanting their comments on one edition of Huck Finn appearing on a second printing of that title, even if it has a different ISBN."

Well, if you leave a review on a hardback at Amazon, it will show up on the paperback, Kindle, and audiobook pages as well, as it well should.  There is an Amazon-supplied warning of the transclusion.  I'm not sure if multiple editions of a book get this treatment, though.

--
GMail doesn't have rotating .sigs, but you can see mine at http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/signatures