[ANN] BaseX 7.7

Dear all,

we are excited to give you Version 7.7 of BaseX -- the Happy-Birthday-Leo Edition -- which provides a bunch of new and improved features:

 XQUERY
 - Support for XQuery 3.0 has been finalized
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/XQuery_3.0
 - the Unit Module allows standardized testing of XQuery applications
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Unit_Module
 - the Streaming Module speeds up operations on large files
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Streaming_Module
 - the Inspection Module provides reflection and documentation features
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Inspection_Module
 - we have added support for XQuery collations
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Full-Text#Collations
 - we have extended the Database, Archive, File and other Modules
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Module_Library

 WEB/HTTP SERVICES:
 - WebDAV has been enriched with locking features (sponsored feature!)
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/WebDAV#Locking
 - RESTXQ has been improved and extended:
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/RESTXQ

 CORE
 - improved database locking, including the use of custom lock strings
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Transaction_Management
 - database names have got more flexible
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Commands#Valid_Names
 - we have new options for simplifying the creation of large databases
   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Options

Please

find the latest version at
: http://basex.org