Re: [xml-dev] Memorable quotes from Balisage 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:

I do understand that XML had ambitions of ruling the Web, and of course it did not succeed in that.  Again so what? The Iberian explorers didn't discover an eastward passage to India, so they had to make do with a whole new world to plunder.

I daresay the "Indians" wished they had discovered it; if the Spanish impoverished their posterity for five centuries, the locals paid a far higher price at the time, and after.  We're all descended from imperialists, alas.

One can always hope!

"Still I persist in wondering whether folly must *always* be our destiny."  (Edgar Pangborn)

--
GMail doesn't have rotating .sigs, but you can see mine at http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/signatures