Re: [xml-dev] Memorable quotes from Balisage 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2013-08-11 at 18:30 -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> I do understand that XML had ambitions of ruling the Web, and of course it
> did not succeed in that.

I don't think XML itself has or had ambitions :-) and the first group of
people working on XML were really trying to put SGML on the Web and not
to displace HTML. As Jeni Tennison put it at XML Prague, if we'd been
trying to replace HTML, the design of XML would have been very
different.

Yeah, I think you know that's how I meant it, but nevertheless it's a good clarification.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com