Re: [xml-dev] XPath and a continuous, uniform information space

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com> wrote:
Not all Data-Centric is Web-Centric (probably the converse perhaps?)...   There's ton's of data crunching to be done well before anything ever spits it's way out onto the Web. At some point (way out in super abstract land perhaps) all of that reduces to graph traversal.  So why exactly are you going to have me learn Gremlin or Cypher or whatever when I already know xPath and XSLT which are more powerful than the other alternatives?

*shrug*. For me, data-oriented is only an extremely degenerate form of document-centric, anyway, so I guess if one cracks this thing for document-centric, your free to reuse it and avoid the Gremlins. I guess my point is that my own interest in the conversation is only document-centric.  BTW, if I need to "query" JSON, I actually just use JavaScript or Python, which are both more powerful IMO than XPath/XSLT.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com