RE: [xml-dev] The Allure of Gothic Markup

I'm not sure what "flying buttresses" have to do with anything.  Are you actually responding to Simon's paper (as the headers suggest), or some other matter altogether?

I am referring to the live presentation which I strove to understand and appreciate … but which I admit I simply didn’t get …

Or perhaps got entirely wrong.

What I *thought* I was seeing and hearing was plea for software to be more like gothic architecture,

Which in a humanistic way makes sense, but in a logical way I simply don’t get.

Oh well, I don’t get everything.

-David