Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema as a data modeling tool

One thing that has been in the back of my mind as having great potential in this area is the KLEEN data modelling tool, which can generate XML Schema documents and other outputs such as Java code. The inventor of that approach 'Asset Oriented Modelling' (AOM)(not a good name IMO) has a good book on using XML Schema for data-modelling specifically, so I think KLEEN and AOM is very influenced by XML Schema.

http://www.aomodeling.org/tools.htm

Modeling Business Objects with XML Schema
von Berthold Daum.

Maybe 'Asset' can be replaced with 'Resource' and it would be an easier sell!

The CAM Editor tool seems much more developed than this KLEEN tool, but I do like the concept in AOM of both entities and relationships being modelled with equal importance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAM_editor

We have made some efforts in this area, but with a focus on forms generation.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/schema2xforms/

(I really should get that finished)

Regards
Steve Cameron